It’s the Holiday Season, and one fun thing to do is to go see all the great Christmas Decorations. But, where to go? Here is our guide:
- Start with the San Antonio River Walk – the lights are up and the crowds are in a festive mood. Stop for dinner at one of these great restaurants. From December 4 – 20, you’ll see the Fiesta de las Luminarias. If you like music, go between December 2 – 20 for the Ford Holiday Boat Caroling. More than 185 school, church, company and civic choral groups participate each year.
- Drive by the University of the Incarnate Word to see nearly a million lights, just North of downtown on Broadway at Hildebrand.
- The City of Windcrest, near IH-35 at Walzem, has sponsored a lighting competition for decades. This year’s theme is “Sleigh Bells and Cowboy Boots”.
- North of Windcrest, out IH-35 to the intersection with Loop 1604 takes you to The Forum at Olympia Parkway . Some of the neighborhoods immediately behind the Forum are giving Windcrest a run for the money.
- If you have time to drive up IH-35 past New Braunfels, Santa’s Ranch has one of the best drive-thru displays with animated figures and over a million lights. For $28+ tax for a carload, it is a delightful mile-long trek through a fantasy of holiday fun. You can purchase hot cocoa and kettle corn, too.Click here for map and directions
- If you are on the NW side, on your way out IH-10, check out Shavano Park. Some of the neighborhoods in the Shavano Park area, roughly from DeZavala Rd at NW Military Highway, are gorgeously lit up.
- Continue out IH-10 West to the historic Don Strange Ranch in Waring, TX – between Boerne and Comfort, Two miles of over two million lights plus food, crafts, shopping, and family fun with Santa! $27 per vehicle.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve Downtown with 250,000 of your favorite new friends. Food and beverage booths, live music, fireworks from the top of the 750′ tall Tower of the Americas – a great way to ring in the New Year IF you like crowds.
- San Antonio is a great fun place to visit, and it’s even more fun to live here. Let us help you to explore your move to SA and find a great home. Visit our website at www.TellEllen.com to see all homes for sale in San Antonio and the surrounding area, or call us today at (210) 764-9403. We are here to help you.