1. Interest rates are still near all-time lows. That makes new homes super affordable. Qualified Texas Veterans can borrow @ approximately 1/2% less than prevailing rates for 30-year fixed (1% less if 30% or more disabled). Contact your lender for details. Rates may change without notice.
2. Since October of 2011, energy standards have dramatically improved. With current standards, you could save $100 or more per month on your utility bill over a similar 3 year old or older home.
3. No one has ever used the tub or cooked in the kitchen in a new home.
4. Remember Post-Katrina, when prices on building materials went way up. Remember Sandy? What do you think is going to happen to building material prices this time?
5. Virtually ALL Builders take a price increase every 6 months.
6. A good chance to plan out and do the “heavy work” in your garden before Spring and the warmer weather.